"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

I created a Dash Of Class because I want to share my passion for fashion in some way. I do not know, as of yet, the unique quality my blog will have, but I will some day.

I named it Dash Of Class because I strongly believe that class should be at the center of everything, from what we wear to how we present ourselves. A dash, meaning a hint, a small amount of class is all that's needed. I don't believe we need to act like prince and princesses, I just think that a hint of class will get everybody far in life. Over the years class has faded, not to mention the meaning of class has evolved and so should we; I hope that I maintain my dash of class for the years to come.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back In The Swing Of Things

Oh My! I knew that it had been a while since I wrote on my blog, but I did not expect that it had been a little over a month. It's a disgrace. My initial intentions were to write on my blog at least once a week. That, fortunately, turned into something like 2 posts a week, which just happened naturally. THEN I had a career change and found myself working and sleeping with a lot of sick time in between leaving zero time for anything else. Phewwy. I am now, finally, getting into a new groove and routine. I hope I find more time on a weekly basis to update my blog. If you're reading this, THANK YOU!! Oh and so you know, I am the new Selling Department Manager at Antrhopologie. I'm loving it!

Anywho, on to business, as they say. We are 3 weeks from the first day of Summer. Unbelievable, if you ask me; that means we are half way finished with year 2010. Where does the time go? As Summer approaches, new styles are revealed and new trends emerge. Designers have recently presented their Fall/Winter collections which is then followed by Resort Wear and we are refreshed with some new ideas for fashion. For those of you who don't know, Resort Wear was first designed by upscale designers for the affluent folk who would more likely than not take a post Winter Holiday vacay away, sometimes on a cruise, as it is also named. Resort Wear is presented at a time of year that bodes well for those of us looking for some inspiring looks for our current season of Summer (although the styles are meant for the Winter season vacation).


The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) just last week presented their awards to celebrate the tremendous talent we have here, living in the 'Land of the Free.' The ever so talented, Marc Jacobs was honored with The Womenswear Designer of the Year Award. So I thought it appropriate to highlight some of his Resort Wear 2011 to be a little bit re-inspired as we ease into the Season of sun and beach.

His collection was full of charming femininity. Many of the looks seem to combine an early 60s feel with a vintage YSL nod incorporated with some oh so very classic Chanel signatures.

Most skirts are mid length or shorter and have flirty hemlines- either wavy or flowy or sequined. If the hemline isn't unique they showcase extreme feminine detailing such as lace or sequined applique. A-line skirts showcase as well.

Suits debut with a military inspired cut- though the fabric and color add a fresh edge and beachy feel. Short and skirt suits mainly.

Colors are pastel. Pinks, yellows, greens and some blues appear in jackets, suits, hats, tops and skirts. The pastel colors are perfectly positioned with his feminine chic designs.

When shopping this Summer look for these pastel colors, feminine touches of lace and flowers on tops and dresses, short skirts that aren't skimpy and all things flirty and girly. You'll be yacht bound in high class and charm. Effortlessly chic indeed. Congratulations Marc Jacobs! You're at the top of your game and we're so lucky that you provide such charming designs and style. Images gathered from WWD.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment