"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

I created a Dash Of Class because I want to share my passion for fashion in some way. I do not know, as of yet, the unique quality my blog will have, but I will some day.

I named it Dash Of Class because I strongly believe that class should be at the center of everything, from what we wear to how we present ourselves. A dash, meaning a hint, a small amount of class is all that's needed. I don't believe we need to act like prince and princesses, I just think that a hint of class will get everybody far in life. Over the years class has faded, not to mention the meaning of class has evolved and so should we; I hope that I maintain my dash of class for the years to come.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

The thing that I love about fashion is that it's all about perspective. I love that what one designer creates some would call it genius and others would call it crazy and off the wall. Designers such as Betsey Johnson and Vivienne Westwood display this philosophy-- boy do they have their own aesthetic. I thought it'd be fun for you to also see what I'm talking about. The video included is (supposed to be, I wouldn't know because my laptop has stopped playing video) Vivienne Westwood 2010 Spring/Summer Womenswear full show. Personally, I think the collection is incredible. I love how she drapes clothing and truly creates a look, HER LOOK. She puts a spin (more like a tornado) on classics, like the pant suit, (I'm not too sure if it is shown in this show- you can see many pant suit pieces from her LNFW show) and makes them truly unique- you either love it or hate and that's because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment