"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

I created a Dash Of Class because I want to share my passion for fashion in some way. I do not know, as of yet, the unique quality my blog will have, but I will some day.

I named it Dash Of Class because I strongly believe that class should be at the center of everything, from what we wear to how we present ourselves. A dash, meaning a hint, a small amount of class is all that's needed. I don't believe we need to act like prince and princesses, I just think that a hint of class will get everybody far in life. Over the years class has faded, not to mention the meaning of class has evolved and so should we; I hope that I maintain my dash of class for the years to come.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Staple This: Invest in a Trench

When you hear the word, investment, you probably picture some financial acquisition or exchange on Wall Street. But there are more ways in which we invest and there is no exception when it comes to our wardrobes, well there shouldn't be at least. I'll continue to share my take on wardrobe staples monthly, so stay tuned for more "Staple This" posts.

Staples should be investment pieces; these timeless pieces that you will wear for years to come deserve to have a little money spent on them so that they last you. Like your LBD (that's little black dress) or white button up Oxford shirt, some items of clothing will never go out of style. This season think about investing in a belted trench coat. The details this season are sophisticated and have transformed the classic trench coat just enough to make it feel modern yet not overworked. Look at Victoria Beckham's trench pictured left. The gathering of the fabric and the belt make it modern and sophisticated plus it maintains its classic look. Hint: Pick a trench that is a neutral so you can wear it with all your favorite outfits. Picture credits to www.people.com and Ditoj/Splash News Online.

2 comments: