"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

I created a Dash Of Class because I want to share my passion for fashion in some way. I do not know, as of yet, the unique quality my blog will have, but I will some day.

I named it Dash Of Class because I strongly believe that class should be at the center of everything, from what we wear to how we present ourselves. A dash, meaning a hint, a small amount of class is all that's needed. I don't believe we need to act like prince and princesses, I just think that a hint of class will get everybody far in life. Over the years class has faded, not to mention the meaning of class has evolved and so should we; I hope that I maintain my dash of class for the years to come.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Welcome to a Dash of Class

Who am I? I am a girl, well a woman, and I love fashion. I always have. When I was a little girl, I was sure that I'd grow up to be a model and walk the catwalks. That was before I knew I'd only grow to be 5'4" tall. Nonetheless, I worked at it as much as a 10 year old girl growing up in Annapolis, MD could. I had a few photo shoots for local companies and boy did I think I was super cool, destined for fame- "Hollywood, here I come." Then came my huge break when I was 12, The Nordstrom Fashion Expo. My loving mother signed me (and my sister, Erica, I love you) up for this event. We got to choose our VERY OWN outfits and, BONUS, could keep them at the end of the show. With a catwalk and an audience and some stylin' gear, I was well on my way to being a famous model. Then, that was the last modeling thing I did.

So let's fast forward 13 years later. Here I am, loving fashion and just starting to finally share this passion with others. Things in life are so much more fun to enjoy when you can enjoy them with others who share that passion- right? My love for fashion grew from my dream to be a model. I started an obsession with shoes and nothing has changed. I'll tell a funny story of my obsession for shoes some time in the future- remind me. Anyway, I love fashion and hope that I can teach a few things, but learn a whole lot more. This blog is going to take many forms before I finally decide the route I want to take it. For now, I'll share my knowledge.

I have very apt timing as it is NYFW. I've been watching some videos and thought that I'd share the trends that I'm seeing.

1. Muted colors- grays, peaches, taupes. From head to toe. Even tights seem to be muted, which is opposite of their outbreak of the winter.
2. Feminine- I'm loving this. Flowy garments that really accentuate the body, but in their movement not their hip hugging quality- love!
3. Cut outs- like color blocking, but its cut instead, revealing sexy skin.
4. Showing off the back- all over the runway, which I just love.
5. Structure- of course. Structure pieces like architecture are here to stay for a while I'm thinking. Structure especially across the upper body and shoulders.

Anyway, more to come in the upcoming week. Thanks for reading and PLEASE share your thoughts, be honest, I can take it.

1 comment:

  1. I love showing the back as well! I feel like that will never go out of style-classic and classy

    ReplyDelete