"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

I created a Dash Of Class because I want to share my passion for fashion in some way. I do not know, as of yet, the unique quality my blog will have, but I will some day.

I named it Dash Of Class because I strongly believe that class should be at the center of everything, from what we wear to how we present ourselves. A dash, meaning a hint, a small amount of class is all that's needed. I don't believe we need to act like prince and princesses, I just think that a hint of class will get everybody far in life. Over the years class has faded, not to mention the meaning of class has evolved and so should we; I hope that I maintain my dash of class for the years to come.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Harper's Bazaar A.K.A. Fashion Bible

Christianity is to the Bible ::as:: Fashion is to Harper's Bazaar. I mean really. Some people complain that Harper's Bazaar is just full of advertisements, but if you're into fashion, you look at these advertisements as if they were verses in the bible. They are full of high end fashion trends and perfectly constructed outfits that provide the readers with a template, a spring board, if you will, for all of us looking for some guidance. As I flipped through the pages of my Harper's Bazaar and then consequently surfed the pages of harpersbazaar.com, my eyes were drawn to the always incredible Bottega Veneta {right}. He drew his inspiration from a kids karate class. The end products are easy on the eyes hues and feminine lines. One thing to take away: "ladies, get a basket weave tote!" Burberry {left} brings to the runway Safari Chic, which is all the rage this Spring and my guess, Summer too. Grab a feminine, flowy top in taupe or light grey, pair it with a trendy gathered cargo skirt and be sure to bring it all together with a versatile and casual fabric belt in a neutral. Safari Chic calls for some killer neutral caged sandals too, but please skip the socks. Thank you Harper's Bazaar for always being there for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love the safari look! Also her shoes are amazing! Harper's Bazaar totally has some great guidance in their magazine...

    ReplyDelete