"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

I created a Dash Of Class because I want to share my passion for fashion in some way. I do not know, as of yet, the unique quality my blog will have, but I will some day.

I named it Dash Of Class because I strongly believe that class should be at the center of everything, from what we wear to how we present ourselves. A dash, meaning a hint, a small amount of class is all that's needed. I don't believe we need to act like prince and princesses, I just think that a hint of class will get everybody far in life. Over the years class has faded, not to mention the meaning of class has evolved and so should we; I hope that I maintain my dash of class for the years to come.

Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

Snuggies on the Runway

Holy Cow! Do you remember when you saw your first Snuggie infomercial? I am sure that half of us thought 'oh, what a brilliant idea,' while the other half of us thought 'are you serious, never in a million years.' I was part of the latter half. I mean cover yourself in a fuzzy blanket from Target and let's forget about the Snuggie.

Well, it sure turned into a phenomenon. Snuggie parties to Halloween costumes and people just buying them to say that they have a Snuggie. It really swept the nation and has become commonplace in living rooms all over. Despite all of its popularity and profound success, I could have never guessed it would take the spotlight in a fashion show. Yes, a Snuggie Fashion Show. In September 2009 the Snuggie Fashion Show debuted. Introduced to the line was the Zebra Snuggie, the Tye Dye Snuggie and others. I'm still shaking my head. Is this a surprise to anybody else? Oh fashion can be so surprising sometimes. Now when I see the Snuggie infomercial I pray that I see the small white dog wearing spectacles and reading a book. Watch it here. Maybe I'll be converted.

No comments:

Post a Comment