"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

I created a Dash Of Class because I want to share my passion for fashion in some way. I do not know, as of yet, the unique quality my blog will have, but I will some day.

I named it Dash Of Class because I strongly believe that class should be at the center of everything, from what we wear to how we present ourselves. A dash, meaning a hint, a small amount of class is all that's needed. I don't believe we need to act like prince and princesses, I just think that a hint of class will get everybody far in life. Over the years class has faded, not to mention the meaning of class has evolved and so should we; I hope that I maintain my dash of class for the years to come.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sandals and Socks- "An Ali Rant"

{I just have to preface this: I am a very passionate person and when I feel a rant coming on, I have to go with it. And so we have it, my first rant on this blog.}

I wake up to sunshine, I walk in the sunshine, sunshine is all around with all its warmth. I see the green leaves, yellow, purple and pink flowers spanning the hills. It's gorgeous and it means one thing. . . Spring is in the air, at long last. I am so excited about the flowy girly dresses and cute caged sandals I'll be wearing. EEEEK! I'm giddy with excitement. One thing that makes me slightly cringe- no I have to correct that, the one thing that makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs and almost puts me in tears, is when people sport the white socks (any color socks actually, and I'm not talking cute tights) with sandals. WHAT IS THAT? WHY? With Spring just around the corner, I fear that I will see this terrible and seemingly invincible fashion faux pas resurface. Oh it drives me insane. When will it end? It truly makes me want to walk up to these people, tap them on the shoulder and let them know that they CAN look good; you don't have to look like such a clueless to fashion victim. Quite simply- just DON'T do it. Yes, designers such as Burberry (2009), for example have tried to make sandals and socks a fashion trend, but I am predicting now that we will look back on this trend and think the same thing we think now about slouchy aerobic socks of the 80's- 'What were we thinking!' Oh and if you're wearing socks because you have nasty un- pedicured feet, then put on some closed toed shoes and leave your sandals alone.

I'll be back later in the week with what TO DO as Winter turns to Spring and a few fashion musts! Stay tuned and keep the socks away from your sandals. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment