"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." Coco Chanel

I created a Dash Of Class because I want to share my passion for fashion in some way. I do not know, as of yet, the unique quality my blog will have, but I will some day.

I named it Dash Of Class because I strongly believe that class should be at the center of everything, from what we wear to how we present ourselves. A dash, meaning a hint, a small amount of class is all that's needed. I don't believe we need to act like prince and princesses, I just think that a hint of class will get everybody far in life. Over the years class has faded, not to mention the meaning of class has evolved and so should we; I hope that I maintain my dash of class for the years to come.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Webbed Shoes- are we kidding?


I really don't understand why comfort means sacrificing all things remotely attractive. The other day I was shopping around town. I noticed a lovely couple that definitely had their own "free hippie spirit" about them. I am cool with that. It does not bother me that some people find the hippie look stylish- to each their own, as they say. But what really bothers me is when these people don't bathe and think it's cool to be individual to the extent that what they look like is hideous. Back to this couple. . . I look down and glance at their footwear (as I always do because I am obsessed with shoes-- this is sometimes dangerous as living in a beach town in San Diego means some people think it fine to walk around barefooted); anyway, I lost the ability to speak as I almost threw up in my mouth. He was wearing the webbed shoes. WHY? What is this about? I am so confused. I think they do have a purpose- in the freaking water. It was plainly obvious he did not come from the beach, his head was dry, his clothes were dry and he was clearly in street clothes- hippie linen pants and top, the girl was in jeans and a flowy top. It wasn't the first time I had seen them either. I just don't get them. Why do people wear them? And the excuse, "because they're comfortable," is crap. I will take you shopping and show you that other shoes can be just as comfortable and look alright. Even white socks and sandals would look uber stylish compared to these Donald Duck shoes.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried a pair on- SUPER comfortable!! But I still could not buy a pair- just a little weird.
    I do want to know your opinion on womens shoes looking like mens shoes.. http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/shoes/bootsbooties.jsp?srcCode=EMBW00871&em

    I think I do like them, but it definitely depends on the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they were designed for hiking and rock climbing so that your feet can bend to grasp the rocks and ground better...not for everyday footwear (although I go to school in the UP where that seems to be normal as well :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, my brother and his girlfriend bought these crazy things... and showed up to dinner wearing them... wtf?

    ReplyDelete